Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Improving the inventory, while annoying the other side

After reading about how shocked and outraged the citizen disarmament advocates are that the same internet dealer sold a gun or accessories, respectively, to the VA Tech and NIU killers (read some of the comments here, for example--War on Guns has more), I decided it was time for me to show a little support for Mr. Thompson (owner of the store).

As it happens, after reading what JR had to say about Wilson Combat's (fairly) new Elite Tactical Magazines (I still think they should call them Elite Über-Tactical Magazines, but maybe they'll do that when they introduce something even better), I've been wanting to try them out. When I discovered that The Gun Source (the internet gun shop in question) had them, my decision was made. A 1911 aficionado can never have too many quality magazines, and a freedom lover can never pass up an opportunity to present a proudly upraised middle finger to the citizen disarmament advocates. Any time those two motivations can be met with the same action, I'm there.

They arrived yesterday, and look good. I have one loaded up with Federal HST .45 +P hollowpoints (HST rounds are extremely impressive, but can be a bit difficult for non-"Only Ones" to find), and the other loaded up with my old standby, 230 grain Double Taps with Speer Gold Dots, moving along at over 1000 feet per second.

Keep crying about the gun dealers you don't like, gun ban crowd--it's good for business.

5 comments:

opaww said...

I made my first youtube video yesterday it is a pro gun one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xSvkTQ7GlU

I hope you all like it, starting my second one soon, I am going to post your boards URL to the next video for people who want to learn the pro gun truth

the pistolero said...

So tell us all about that 1911...

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Which 1911 ;-)?

My "go-to" gun is a Para-Ord SSP with Crimson Trace LaserGrips. Not a fancy 1911, by any means, but it's reliable and accurate.

I have a Colt Commander that I put a Clark Custom .460 Rowland conversion kit on, but with that kit, it doesn't like returning to battery. Figuring out why is far beyond me, so I'm going to have to find someone knowledgeable to look at it.

I have a beat-to-hell Sistema that I hope to restore to some kind of decency some day.

Finally, I also have a Para-Ord P-14 (with some custom work by Robar), that I have set-up for .45 Super, but of course, it takes different mags.

the pistolero said...

Haha, good answer...and niiiice guns, too!

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Haha, good answer...and niiiice guns, too!

Exposure to you has gotten my interest in some kind of 10mm platform--which I had mostly kept under control until now--running rampant.

I'm thinking something double-stack--maybe a Para-Ord hi-cap .40, with the chamber reamed out to 10mm. It's all idle speculation at the moment--can't afford any more guns for a while.