Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Bipartisan unity?

I see that "The Lightworker" has named Virginia Governor Time Kaine as the new Democratic National Committee chairman. What do we know about him?

Well, one thing I know is that he considers 377 rounds of ammunition in the hands of a private citizen to be a "cache" that "authorities" should be able to "monitor."

In general, Kaine said, he is troubled that Virginia law allows any individual to stockpile ammunition with no way for authorities to monitor the cache. Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech gunman, began his rampage with 377 rounds of ammunition, according to police.
And guess what--the leading candidate for the Republican National Committee chair probably doesn't disagree.

I don't know that for a fact, but such a position would hardly be inconsistent with a belief that "[s]ociety should draw lines"--lines, that is, between We The People and so-called "assault weapons."

See--the two parties can work together.

3 comments:

The_Chef said...

I live in VA. I hate this man. He's the archetype politician.

Anonymous said...

I believe in drawing lines. I have drawn mine. Only the suicidal will cross them.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Shh, SA! You're "making us look bad."

On second thought, "looking bad" is nothing new to me--I guess I can live with it.