Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, November 19, 2010

National Ammo Day

Today is the day.

The "official" idea is to buy 100 rounds of centerfire ammo.

Me? I decided to multiply that by 25.

Why? Oh--I don't know . . .

In 1972, when the ATF separated from the Internal Revenue Service and became its own bureau within the Treasury Department, it had about 2,500 agents. At the time, the FBI had 8,700, the DEA 1,500 and the U.S. Marshals 1,900.

Thirty-eight years later, the FBI is up to 13,000, the DEA has more than tripled to 5,000, and there are 3,300 federal marshals.

The ATF, now a part of the Justice Department, remains at 2,500.
Just seemed like an appropriate observance of the nomination of Andrew Traver as head JBT.

These folks would be happy to help you in your observance, I'm sure.

2 comments:

tom said...

Hobbyist Gunners have hungry beasts.

OK if I buy more than 100? 100 rounds is good for a deer rifle but not much for a range day with some toys...1000 is a good start.

Take care.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

100 is the starting point--there's no max.

I've been saving up, so I could get 2500 (mixed calibers) today.