Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Well, Biden did say 'buy a shotgun'

Biden tells Americans concerned about self-defense to "buy a shotgun." Who am I to challenge the self-defense wisdom of our President of Vice?

So I bought one. Now, though, it occurs to me that he said something about a "double barrel" shotgun. That probably means he did not have in mind a semi-automatic, detachable magazine-fed model like the Vepr-12 I chose. He probably really didn't envision the shotgun being equipped with a Bumpski bump-firing stock that so frightens Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

Apparently, Feinstein doesn't like for the lowly masses to be able to put this much lead downrange this quickly (not a Vepr, but a very similar Saiga):

VP Joe probably wouldn't really appreciate the Paradigm SRP spreader choke I put on it, either, but if you're going to shoot the government's hired muscle when he comes on a gun confiscation raid, you'd might as well shoot his pals, too.

Don't really know if he'd object to the Crimson Trace vertical foregrip with tac-light and green laser, although given the fact that he's a big fan of banning so-called "assault weapons," and that vertical foregrips (even without lights and lasers) are "assault features," he probably doesn't like those, either.

Molon labe, Joe.

2 comments:

Phil said...

That thing makes my Mossie 500 look like a chunk of schedule 40 pipe with stump tied on the end.

Low whistle of admiration......

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Well, I suspect your Mossie will keep you just as well protected as my Vepr will keep me.

I might have a little more fun in the process, though ;-).