Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Monday, December 03, 2007

I wonder what bothers Laura more

This will be quick--I was planning to write something else today, and still intend to do so later, but with this bit of drivel, Laura Washington has left me with too tempting a target to pass up.

Her article, "Republican pols pander to People of the Gun," tends to wander around rather aimlessly, but the gist seems to be an expression of disgust over the fact that Republican presidential candidates are trying to win the support of Americans who value the Constitutionally guaranteed fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

What I'm curious about is this: is Laura more upset that Republican candidates are "pandering" to gun owners, or that Democratic candidates don't seem to be going after the citizen disarmament vote? It seems to me that if citizen disarmament were a platform with any deep public support, someone would be trying to get that vote--especially in the Democratic primary (since candidates tend to lurch in the direction their party's extreme fringe for the primaries, and then lurch back to the middle for the general election).

I haven't seen that happening, though. In fact, recently, Obama actually tried (weakly) to sound as if he had some respect for gun rights. I can't imagine that he fooled anyone, but the mere fact that he tried is telling.

So, which is it, Laura?

UPDATE: Nicki, at the Liberty Zone, gives Laura's "article" the thorough stomping it deserves.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She says she still believes in Santa Claus. I reckon that says a lot about her intelligence whenit comes to the gun issue. >;o)