Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, June 13, 2008

One more?

I've been (intermittently) keeping track of how many co-sponsors have signed onto H.R. 4900, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Reform and Firearms Modernization Act of 2007, for some time now (most recently here)

I happened to notice today that with the latest flurry of new co-sponsors, the total comes to two hundred sixteen. One sponsor, plus two hundred sixteen co-sponsors, equals, if my math is correct, two hundred seventeen likely yes votes. That, I believe, is one short of the number necessary to pass it in the House.

Let's git-r-done, folks--and give Bloomberg a big poke in the eye.

Maybe Helmke can tell him how to spin it as a victory.

0 comments: