Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, March 05, 2010

MO 3rd Congressional District candidate John Wayne Tucker answers gun rights questionnaire

Granted, it's nothing new for politicians to pose with guns, in order to win the gun owner vote (remember the famous John Kerry hunting photo), but most choose, as Senator Kerry did, to be seen with something other than a scary so-called "assault weapon." Mr. Tucker, on the other hand, is not afraid to show his support for private ownership of semi-automatic, detachable magazine-fed rifles, and the video shows him firing his very own AR-15.

Still, even that doesn't completely lock him into a completely unambiguous position as a defender of gun rights, from which no weasel-worded retreat is possible. For that, we need to go to National Gun Rights Examiner David Codrea's gun rights questionnaire. After I presented the questionnaire to Mr. Tucker, he got back to me in less than 24 hours. Let's see how he did. [More]
That's today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner. Please spread the word.

Actually, while on the topic of "spreading the word," this is the first time I've put David Codrea's gun rights political questionnaire to a political candidate, and that's shameful on my part. It's a great tool that I haven't been using. I suspect I'm not alone in that regard. Let's ask everyone who asks for our votes to answer that questionnaire. Refusal to do so would be an answer of its own, of course.

0 comments: