Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Looking for some help with Latin

I would like to know how to say:

Despised by the despicable
. . . in Latin, for reasons that will soon be clear, if they're not already.

It seems that everyone I ask has a different answer. I've seen:
Despectus (Dēspectus?) despicabilibus (dēspicābilis?)
And:
ab despectivis contemptus est (meaning, I was told, "By the despicable many, he is despised."--I kinda like that).
Today, a local Catholic priest suggested:
Contemptus per despectivus
Any guidance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Kurt, I asked my medieval re-enactment group email list and what they came up with was

"A contemptis contempt"

essentially it means "held in contempt by the contemptable."

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Cool--thanks, Sean.

TotC said...

I'll wear that T-Shirt