Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Brady Bunch bullying--and backfiring

As mentioned at Days of Our Trailers, the Brady Bunch is sending hideous postcards and making contemptible robocalls to "punish" Illinois State Representative Sandy Cole for her "No" vote on HB 758 (which would have outlawed private handgun sales in Illinois).

I'm not sure that was such a good idea on their part--it doesn't seem to be working out as they had hoped.

Just hung up from conversation with Sandy Cole's office. The office mgr said calls have been running probably 5-1, favor our side!
Keep it up Brady Bunch--you're doing our work for us.

We need to call and/or FAX Rep. Cole (and also Rep. Dennis Reboletti, who is also a target of Brady wrath), to express our appreciation for their "No" vote on HB 758.
Rep. Sandra Cole (R-62nd district)
Springfield Office:
(217) 782-7320
(217) 782-1275 FAX
District Office:
(847) 543-0062
(847) 543-8862 FAX

Rep. Dennis Reboletti (R-46th district)
Springfield Office:
(217) 782-4014
(no Springfield FAX listed)
District Office:
(630) 530-2730
(630) 530-2792 FAX
With the House not in session until Tuesday, if you can only hit one office, rather than both, it might make sense to concentrate on the district offices. A five to one pro-rights ratio is good, but we should be able to get at least ten to one.

7 comments:

Don said...

I have to start reading Days of Our Trailers daily; I guess I'm late to the party. I just got off the phone with Sandy Cole's office after seeing the flyer in a Gun Guys email.

The lady who took my name said she'd add me to "the long list of supporters" and thanked me for calling. Hell, she made me glad I did! Now it's time to call the other guy.

Anonymous said...

Would out of state appreciation be welcome?

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Well, I'd appreciate it, SA, but I don't know how much it would mean to the legislators.

Anonymous said...

Ok, smartass,:)

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

You think better of me than most--everyone else calls me dumbass.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you got me :)

Laughingdog said...

I live out of state and sent one. But I did it pointing out that I am a nuclear engineer that has passed up on numerous job opportunities up there because of how restrictive the laws are there.

Gun laws like those in Illinois don't keep out criminals. But they do keep out professionals like myself.