Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Media 'Matters' fails; Bob Owens would have a right to be angry

I don't expect Media "Matters" to exhibit much in the way of professionalism, so their misspelling of my name (twice) here, while bleating about "insurrectionist," "right wing" folks like me comes as little surprise:

Kurt Hoffman [sic] Suggested It's A "Good Thing" That Politicians Who Support Gun Control Perceive "A Personal Threat To Their Own Lives." On November 3, 2011 writing on Examiner.com, gun rights blogger Kurt Hoffman [sic] suggested that politicians perceiving "a personal threat to their own lives" was a "good thing" . . .
This was in reference to my article from Thursday (the one that upset both VPC and CSGV).

Like I said--nothing surprising so far. But then they quote my Examiner article:
I hope they do feel threatened. Attempts at peaceable protests have been met at turns by feigned ignorance, then mockery, then attacks on the character and motives of those would not sit quietly by. Perhaps it will take a serious review of our capacity for violence to get them to realize we shall not surrender our individual liberties to their lust for power.

The common theme here is that Feinstein, Waxman and others seem to have identified .50 caliber rifles as a
personal threat to their own lives. This is a good thing. Those who take it upon themselves to write the laws by which the rest of us must live should fear the wrath of the people they seek to govern. For the nation to be truly free, those who seek to exceed the limits on their power imposed by the Constitution must be made to live in mortal terror of the consequences.
The funny thing here is that the first paragraph appears nowhere in my article, because I never wrote it, although I would have been proud to have been able to claim credit for it.

That is actually the fine work of Bob Owens, and now I feel almost like a plagiarist (and that makes me feel as if I'm mimicking Sari Horwitz).

If I were Mr. Owens, I would be more than a little annoyed that my work was being attributed to someone else. I dropped him a line, to assure him that the misattribution was not my doing, and he was very gracious and understanding.

I certainly appreciate that, but still think he has every right to demand a correction and apology from Media "Matters."

0 comments: