Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, November 02, 2012

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence lowers bar on what constitutes 'liberty'


In a very real sense, CSGV is claiming that there can be no tyranny, no serfdom, no oppression, as long as the government generously restrains itself from actually killing the people (although CSGV advocates a government "right" to do that, too).

Imagine if, for the birth of our nation, we were not blessed with the greatness of Patrick Henry, but instead cursed with the abject, boot-licking cowardice of CSGV. "Give me liberty or give me death" would have been replaced with "Give me liberty, or . . . not, but at least let me keep my pathetic, cowardly life!" If, instead of Benjamin Franklin, we had CSGV: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve a big pat on the back for being so clever." There would, in short, have been no birth of the United States of America as a free nation. [More]

That's today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner. Please give it a look, and tell a friend.

0 comments: