Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A 'Thank you' would be nice, Brady Bunch

Had a visit early last evening:

(click to enlarge)

You might notice that they haven't bothered updating their IP address name since the days when Pete Shields said:

The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition — except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors — totally illegal.
But there's no slippery slope--right, Brady Bunch?

But I digress--the point I'm getting at is that shortly after that visit looking at this post of mine, they posted this:
In 2004, as part of the final Senate bill S. 1805 as amended, Sen. McCain also once voted to extend the assault weapons ban for 10 years (though he has since said he is against such a ban).
You're welcome--but I guess I shouldn't count on getting a few bucks from George Soros or the Joyce Foundation for my research, eh?

I'll be interested in seeing if anyone in the gun rights movement (or "gun lobby," as we're often referred to) decides to accuse me of treason, for helping to destroy the myth of McCain's pro-Second Amendment credentials. Interested, but not terribly concerned--I've been accused of worse things than helping one statist gas-bag get defeated by another. In truth, I seriously doubt McCain will need my help to lose to the Lightworker--he seems to have that task well in hand.

Still, if anyone wants to grossly overestimate (ridiculously grossly overestimate, really) my influence, and "blame" me for McCain getting his backside handed to him in November, I'll take it. I would definitely be able to live with the idea of being thought of as even a tiny part of the reason the Republican Party finally learns to stop inflicting candidates like McCain (and Mark Kirk) on us.

5 comments:

Thirdpower said...

I e-mailed the McCain campaign. Let's see if I get a response.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I hope you're not holding your breath.

Laughingdog said...

The Republican Party didn't force McCain on us. I'm not sure if you recall this, but there was this thing called a primary, where our "peers" actually voted for McCain to be the candidate for that party.

McCain losing isn't going to teach any of the politicians a lesson, because they aren't the ones that actually made a mistake. The ones that need to learn are the voters in the early primary states.

I actually posted about this a while back, on my barely read blog.

http://laughingdogevolves.blogspot.com/2008/05/primaries-voting-and-teaching-them.html

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

You're right, LD--sloppy wording on my part in the last paragraph.

The primary voters have spoken, and gotten what they asked for. I hope they enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

laughingdog,
So, you are claiming that the Republican Party supported ALL of the potential Republican Candidates equally?


As all of the candidates that they appeared to support resembled McCain, one might want to ask why that was. In fact, if the Republican Party wishes to win elections they might want to make sure that candidates reflect the stated planks of their party.

As it is, they have to cater to the AARP and other special interest groups, but they can give lip service to gun owners since the gun vote is guaranteed.