Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Get your lying Brady Bunch video clips while you can!

Regular readers are most likely quite familiar with the video clip of Brady Campaign legal director Dennis Henigan quoting the Second Amendment, except with the "of the people" part removed:








Video hosted by ICarry.org


That, of course, was a very . . . convenient omission for the Brady Campaign, because at this point (pre-Heller), the Brady Bunch argued the now soundly discredited "collective rights" interpretation of the Second Amendment, and so mentioning it as being a right of the people would have been a bit problematic. No problem--all they had to do was the edit the amendment a little.

Oh--speaking of editing the Constitution, Dennis claims not to approve of that.











The full-length video, containing both of the above excerpts, can be seen here.

Anyway, I bring this all up again, because I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep this available on the internet. Back on February 3rd, I posted that video on my Gun Rights Examiner column, and because the big-government loving statists at Digg.com hadn't yet found me (and thus hadn't started the systematic burying of everything I post), that column was something of a hit, by my standards, and got a fair amount of attention.

Too much, perhaps:

This is to notify you that we have received notice that the following material posted by you via the Photobucket [the photo hosting service which I had used to host the video before] service is infringing: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v282/kjhof/?action=view&current=VideoofDennisHeniganmisquotes2A-Pho.flv In response, we have removed such material from the Photobucket service. Such material will remain unavailable from the Photobucket service unless you provide us with a completed copy of the following Counter Notice to Photobucket's Designated Copyright Agent: . . .
Now I don't know who is claiming copyright infringement, but if history is any guide, the Brady Bunch is playing a game of "The Commissar Vanishes," trying to hide Henigan's little creative editing on the Bill of Rights.

If so, they'll most likely come after these video clips, too.

The following one, with some nice commentary, is still available on YouTube, by the way (I didn't put this one together, and found out that it was done long before I posted anything about this--here I was thinking I'd "broken" the story).

Well, the Brady Campaign took it down, too, but Shaun came to the rescue again:








Video hosted by ICarry.org

0 comments: