Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Monday, May 25, 2009

The difference between 'assault weapons' and 'patrol rifles'

Get that? An AR-15, for example, that in the hands of "the guy across the street" is an "assault weapon," magically morphs into the much more benign-sounding "patrol rifle" when in the hands of a cop.

I mentioned Tyler Peterson a bit earlier. The firearm he used was, I believe, an AR-15. Here's the tricky question: was it a "patrol rifle," or an "assault weapon"? [More]
Today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner column. Longtime regular readers, assuming I have a couple, might find it familiar. That's not laziness (not exclusively, anyway)--it's just something I want a wider audience to see.

Help me get it to 'em?



1 comments:

Claude said...

My AR is actually a very accurate "utility rifle."