Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Montana throws down the federal gun-control gauntlet

I am pleased to report that my misgivings were groundless--Governor Schweitzer did indeed sign HB 246 into law on April 15th. That's the good news. On the less positive side of the ledger is the fact that the real fight--the one with the federal government, is still ahead.

The feds, of course, tend to look with strong disfavor on attempts to take away from them powers that they are accustomed to exercising--including those powers for which they have no Constitutionally justified authority. Gun legislation is one such power. That's right--this is not a Second Amendment issue--nor primarily one, anyway. What is at issue here is the Tenth Amendment. [More]
That's today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner. Hope y'all like it.

I've gotten two or three emails from folks troubled by excruciatingly slow page loads. The only possible culprit I can think of is the digg links I've included to each of my GRE columns. Since I hope my readers go to the GRE page anyway (where I also have the digg links), I suppose I don't really need those links here, so I'm phasing those out, in hopes that page loads will start going a bit faster. My apologies to those who have experienced problems.



2 comments:

Peter said...

Since David did the Digg thing on his site, it too loads very slowly, so yeah, that's the culprit.

Nice and fast today, though.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Glad that fixed the problem, although I would kinda like to have the Digg links. Ah, well--ya' get watcha pay for, I guess.