Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Defense Secretary Gates proposes getting 'tough' if diplomacy fails--gun owners way ahead of him

Granted, much of "The Great American Rearming," undoubtedly, is simply preemptive--a response to concerns that these items may soon become difficult, if not impossible, to acquire, and to have a supply on hand in preparation for that eventuality.

Some of it, though, is a manifestation of people preparing for the possibility of having to use that lifesaving, liberty-preserving firepower--of having to use the Second Amendment for its real purpose. In other words, American gun owners have been "getting tough," as Defense Secretary Gates would put it, for over six months, and the reason for doing so is pretty much the same as in Korea--it's the prudent response to a serious threat. [More]
That's today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner. Hope you like it.

I've decided to discontinue my old practice of providing links to all my fellow GREs here. Doing so saves some time and effort, and I still provide the links over at my GRE page--which is where I'm trying to get y'all to go, anyway.

0 comments: