Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Tiller murder, and the fragility of liberty

Got that? One murder, committed by one nut who, apparently, was acting alone, is being cited as justification to subject literally millions of Americans to heightened scrutiny as potential "terrorists."

I have no interest in entering the abortion debate, and I have no objection to portraying Dr. Tiller's murder as being as heinous as any other murder. That's not what this is about. What it is about is the attempt to exploit the evil act of one man as justification to chill the freedoms of people who have committed no crimes. [More]
That's today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner. Please give it a look.

Some may have noticed that I'm posting later in the day than is my usual habit. The reason for that is the death of the computer I generally did this on. While I wait for its replacement (which might be another few weeks), I have to make do with a less than satisfactory ad-hoc arrangement.

0 comments: