Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, November 27, 2009

A word to the wise*: the next paralyzed would-be victim might not be helpless

A friend, apparently concerned about my weight, sent me something yesterday that I can only assume was calculated to put me off my feed, just before the turkey came out of the oven:

2 men rob Indiana home with paralyzed man in bed

SOUTH BEND, Ind. - Police say a paralyzed man was unable to get out of his bed while two men robbed his St. Joseph County home.

Police say the robbery occurred west of the South Bend city limits on Sunday evening.

They say one of the robbers placed a T-shirt over the paralyzed man's face.

The men broke into the home by breaking a rear window.

After placing the shirt over the homeowner's face, they stole his laptop and a $100 bill on a dresser.

After the robbers left, the victim says he was unable to call police or close the window that had been broken.

A friend who stopped by the home was able to call police.
I don't have family-friendly words to describe the evil thugs who would prey on the disabled, so I won't even try. Instead, I'll simply remind them that some of us can fight back--with deadly force, and without hesitation.

That's not, by the way, intended (at all) as criticism of the victim in this case--it sounds as if he is quadriplegic, and would thus be unable to defend himself with a firearm.


*The "word to the wise" doesn't really apply here, because "wise" is something these creatures are clearly not. To quote Bill Cosby:
A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

1 comments:

Jay21 said...

I was born in South Bend, and it has rapidy became a $*#%hole, after my departure, no relation I am sure as I was 9, but this is truly a sad statement of my birthplace.

Jason