Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

'Imagining gun control in America': Why the idea is imaginary, Part I

On Monday, I made a very brief, passing reference to Fordham University Law School Professor Nicholas J. Johnson's "Imagining Gun Control in America: Understanding the Remainder Problem" (pdf file). Some folks for whom I have a great deal of respect suggested to me that a more detailed look was in order. It's a pretty hefty bit of scholarship, and as such is probably a bit beyond my ability to analyze as well as it deserves, but it does raise some points I'd like to take a look at, so I'll give it a shot (no pun intended). [More]
Today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner column is up--please give it a read, and help me promote it. Speaking of which, do you Digg me?

In other news, I don't know how I failed to notice that since Jan. 31, we have had yet another Gun Rights Examiner. Please welcome Dan Bidstrup, of the Denver Gun Rights Examiner.



0 comments: