Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I might have to stop making fun of 'Authorized Journalists' who are clueless about guns

The cluelessness of "Authorized Journalists," in any discussion about guns, is well known in the gun blogosphere. From pictures of an old Iraqi woman holding up unfired cartridges that France's AFP claimed were "bullets" fired by U.S. troops at her house:


. . . to references to the magazine (or "clip") in an officer's "service revolver," it wouldn't be so offensive, if these paragons of purveyance of information didn't so consistently advocate for more infringements on that which shall not be infringed, while presenting themselves as being knowledgeable enough to be taken seriously.

However, perhaps I should give these poor "Authorized Journalists" a break, and start grading them on a curve. As it turns out, even a 25-year BATFE veteran (and former chief of BATFE's Washington D.C. office), and current New York City Sheriff, thinks "service revolvers" use magazines.

You could sit through this entire excruciating 14+ minute Rachel Maddow video, or skip all that, and see it in this 41-second clip, featuring Sheriff Edgar Domenech (formerly of the BATFE):


The standard issued magazine that I carried was 12 rounds, and one in the chamber, so as a law enforcement federal agent, the maximum capacity I had with my service revolver was 13 rounds . . .
I'd like to say "unbelievable," but it's not, really.

5 comments:

tom said...

If you're going to shoot more than a dozen people with your "service revolver", BATF have always preferred to use Belt-Fed "Service Revolvers" and Tank-Like "Service Revolvers", and maybe "accidentally" shoot people from hovering aircraft with other high cap and belt fed "Service Revolvers". They'd never use a GLOCK, they like SIGS, Berettas, and HundK...BLAH, MORON. I'm SHOCKED at the stupidity of my government...well, maybe not ;-)

Crotalus (Dont Tread on Me) said...

Oh, I'M shocked at their stupidity, Tom, but I'm not the least bit surprised anymore.

Thirteen shot "revolver". Teh stoopid, it hurts!

MamaLiberty said...

And me sitting here with my puny 5 shot .357M wheelgun. I want one of them there "service revolvers" with 13!!

It's not FAIR, I tell you. :)

What is amazing is that most kids (at least those outside the big cities) know the difference between a revolver and a semi-automatic.

Did these cretins grow up in a cave somewhere? With a bag over their heads?

Anonymous said...

Maybe his experience is more with Marlboro and Johnnie Walker Gold.

Anonymous said...

In my locality, there was a kid that robbed a local gun shop. He broke in, bypassed the tricked out 2k+ 1911s and stole a bunch of SAA clones.

He was caught when he went to the gunsmith down the street a few days later and tried to buy magazines.