Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rudy for the Second Amendment? Yeah, right

I see that Rudy Giuliani will be speaking to the NRA Friday. I fervently hope (but am not counting on it) that the NRA doesn't buy what he tries to sell. Sure, I suppose it's possible that he was working deep under cover in the following picture, but somehow I doubt it:



At least Rudy's attempts to make nice with gun owners is upsetting the civilian disarmament advocates, although if I were them, I wouldn't be too worried about Rudy.

By the way, it isn't that I do not believe that a person can change his mind--that obviously happens all the time. However, this seems to be an awfully convenient change of position for him, and I have yet to hear him come out and say "I was wrong" to push for draconian gun laws. Does anyone really believe he would veto a new ban on "assault weapons," or any of the other myriad proposed federal laws designed to render the American people unarmed and docile?

If so, drop me a line--I'd like to sell you a bridge, or a pair of breeding mules.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we should think positive: apparenty the grass roots efforts of folks such as those at Illinoiscarry.com are making enough of an impression that politicians are realizing they better speak to them!