Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

IGOLD '08 update

Yesterday, I updated my original IGOLD '08 post with this information, but I've decided to mention it in a new post, to help ensure that it's not missed.

PK Firearms, in Shelbyville, IL, is generously sponsoring another bus to Springfield (with their sponsorship making the trip free for any gun rights activist who can make it). This one takes off from Effingham, with stops for additional pick-ups in Vandalia and Litchfield. Here are the details:

Effingham/Vandalia/Litchfield - Free, donations accepted
7:30 a.m. Effingham – Depart K-Mart parking lot – 1006 N. Keller at I-70 exit 160 Please park at edge of lot away from the building (Map soon)
8:00 a.m. Vandalia - Depart Harmon’s IGA parking lot, 827 Veterans Ave. 62471 just southwest of I-70 exit 63 Please park at N/W corner between Subway and IGA. Employee parking area. (Map soon)
9:30 a.m. Litchfield – Depart Tractor Supply (TSC), 20 Litchfield Plaza, Litchfield, IL Just east of I-55 exit 52 (Map soon)
10:30 am Springfield - Lunch - Old Country buffet $8.50 per person (includes meal, drink, gratuity, bus captain collects money)
On-line reservation or call 815-635-3198
Bus provided by PK Firearms of Shelbyville, IL
Donations accepted - Donations will go to the ISRA legal defense fund
By the way, while I'm pointing out PK's generous sponsorship of this event, I should probably mention other businesses and organizations that are working hard to make IGOLD '08 even bigger and better than last year. These include the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA), Guns Save Life (formerly Champaign County Rifle Association), Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms, Armalite, and DSArms. Without the hard work and generous contributions of these entities, IGOLD would still be invaluable in fighting against the scourge of restrictive gun laws in Illinois, but would be considerably less capable of making gun owners' voices heard in Springfield.

Also, the earlier post had document files (either pdf or MS Word) for flyers that could be printed up for distribution at gun shops, gun shows, gun clubs, etc., to promote IGOLD. Here they are again:

ISRA's flyer (pdf format)
Aurora info (MS Word doc)
Champaign info (MS Word doc)
Chicago info (MS Word doc)
Mt. Vernon-Fairview Heights info (MS Word doc)

Now, we have a few more:
Joliet-Chatsworth info (MS Word doc)
Moline-Galesburg-Peoria info (MS Word doc)
Marion info (MS Word doc)
Quincy-Barry-Jacksonville info (MS Word doc)
Rockford-Mendota-Normal info (MS Word doc)
Effingham-Vandalia-Litchfield info (MS Word doc)

Help spread the word.

1 comments:

Don said...

Thanks for letting us know! I'll mirror this on my blog for all that's worth.

That bus will go right past my house, but I'm actually as close to Springfield as I am to Litchfield, so I probably won't ride. On the other hand, it might be nice to meet everybody. I'm a little bit all alone out here.