Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mental health, background checks, and unintended consequences

Here's where I'm going with all this. With the growing efforts to revoke gun rights of people who are suffering from mental health issues, anyone who deeply values the right to an effective means to defend his life, family, and liberty is being given a strong disincentive from seeking the help he needs. This would seem an excellent recipe for causing exactly the kinds of tragedies we seek to avert. [More]
That's today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner.

By the way, if you start noticing what might seem to be somewhat gratuitous references to St. Louis, or Missouri, that's because Examiner is putting pressure on me to stick to "local" content. I can't really write about gun rights from such a parochial perspective--gun laws passed in California hold implications for gun owners in Alabama. So . . . I'll be writing pretty much the way I always do, but try to add a sentence or two about how it affects St. Louis. Hopefully, that will appease them.

0 comments: