Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Contacting the NRA

I've talked here about contacting the NRA (to ask for their opposition to "Maximum Mike's" appointment as head of the BATFE), and here (about pushing for "gun-free zone liability" laws), and suggested using the NRA's "Contact Us" form.

To my distinct annoyance, I have not been able to cajole a response out of them. Sebastian, at Snowflakes in Hell, rather than sitting and stewing about it like I've been doing, found out why:

I got a response from NRA regarding the member form:

Per this post: http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/?p=2253, let me both thank you and apologize. In reading this, I went back to double check the functionality of this ILA web form only to find there is a problem with it delivering e-mail to us. We had no reason to suspect a problem as the web form used by the PVF site was functioning fine, and we were receiving a steady stream of direct e-mails to ILA.

Just so you and others who usually contact NRA for legislative and political matters are aware, the direct (and recommended) ILA e-mail address is ila-contact@nrahq.org.

Please feel to share with other interested (and aggrieved) parties, and again, my thanks and apologies.


That was from Glen Caroline, Director of NRA-ILA Grassroots, who was kind enough to come talk to us at the Gun Blogger Rendezvous in Reno last October. Hopefully this problem will get fixed shortly.
Good to know that this was not a case of willfully ignoring membership. So . . . let's get those emails going--that address again is ila-contact@nrahq.org.

0 comments: