Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guess who likes McCain!

At risk of giving the (badly mistaken) impression that I would not be very unhappy with an Obama presidency, I still can't bring myself to shut up about how little enthusiasm I would have for the alternative.

We know about McCain and the "gun show loophole," McCain and the Lautenberg lifetime gun ban, and I'm doing my best to not allow anyone to forget about McCain's vote to extend the AWB. What I was not aware of (but perhaps should have surmised) is the degree to which everyone's favorite Mayor for Forcible Citizen Disarmament respects McCain.

At a press conference with U.S. Rep. Mark Kirk [him again] on gun-control, Bloomberg spoke positively about Barack Obama's position on guns, but he also praised John McCain.
"I have known John McCain a lot longer than I have known Sen. Obama," he said. "I can say nothing but good things about Sen. McCain."
Obama or McCain. No wonder Bloomberg, Helmke, et al. are so pleased about the upcoming presidential election. It's hard to see how they could lose. Maybe the Kool-Aid guzzler David found can explain how I'm mistaken.

That means, of course, that it's equally hard to see how liberty advocates can win--at least under these rules. Hope everyone has plenty of ammo.

1 comments:

Mike said...

I've said it a thousand times. Given the dearth of palatable alternatives, I'll be writing in Ron Paul.

And trust me - I'm not happy about it. He has his warts, too.