Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Soon will have my new . . . paperweight?

I've written before about my crazed hankerin' for an AR pistol chambered in .50 Beowulf. Well, as it turns out, apparently I'm not the only lunatic who thinks this would be a cool thing to have--at least judging from the fact that suitable length upper receivers are available. So, I ordered one, along with an AR pistol lower receiver, and it's going to be so cool it will turn Mayors Daley and Bloomberg into gun rights activists. OK, maybe not that cool, but still pretty chilly.

The good news is that it should get to the FFL holder I use for transfers early next week, and I'll probably get a chance to get by there to pick it up a week from today. The bad news is that no one has ammo for it. Some claim to expect to have some within a week or two, but none have it now.

I know, I know--I should load my own, especially given my penchant for unusual (and expensive) calibers, but I'm not really in a position to get set up for that at the moment. Hopefully some day, but not now.

Anyway, if anyone finds some .50 Beowulf ammo for sale, please let me know.

8 comments:

Clay said...

Hey 45SM,

I don't know if you're interested in ordering online - in fact I'm pretty certain you've covered this base, but I found some Here.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Yeah--if you get as far as actually ordering, you'll see that they're out of stock at the moment.

They'd be my first choice, because they're the ones (actually, a guy there named Lars is the one) who have dealt so patiently with my endless barrage of dumb questions, so I'd love for my business to go to them.

the pistolero said...

I thought for sure MidwayUSA would have had it, but as it turns out they're on back-order too. Such are the perils of shooting such an esoteric caliber, I suppose. I paid the outrageous costs of watered-down factory 10mm for a little while, but later on I got a pretty nice little reloading setup and it was off to the races.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Pistolero, Midway is another entity to whom I would love to give my business (I need to talk about how good they've been to me), but as you say, they're out, too.

Actually, I've been looking around, and even if I were set up to load my own, I'm not sure I could find brass.

Someone is stocking up with .50 Beowulf.

Anonymous said...

A quick Google search brought up Alexander Arms, Cabelas and Cheaper Than Dirt. CTD shows out of stock. I don't know about the other two.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

They're both out, too, Loki--although Alexander Arms expects to have some in stock soon.

John R said...

here are two cases for sale.

I don't know how long they will last.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Thanks, JR!

I've sent the guy a message. Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon.