Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Friday, August 01, 2008

War on Guns temporarily shut down

For the few folks who read Armed and Safe, and who don't first read War on Guns (whaddya', nuts?), Google, in its infinite wisdom, has identified War on Guns as a "spam blog," and has blocked Mr. Codrea from entering any new posts until they determine he's a real person.

Judging from what I'm reading here, there's a real epidemic of this going on at Google/Blogspot, and resolution is apparently often quite slow.

I am starting to think that Blogspot is a sinking ship that I had best abandon, and I think any other bloggers who use Blogspot might be well advised to explore other options themselves.

Update: It looks as if David is already starting the process of moving.

Update II: David is back at the old place (Google/Blogspot), so hold off on changing bookmarks.

I see that although I have been spared the "spam blog" nonsense inflicted on David and many other bloggers, it has been brought to my attention that Internet Explorer was blocking Armed and Safe. That apparently was related to the SiteMeter hit counter I use--removing that fixed the problem.

I'm so glad the internet keeps "improving," aren't you?

4 comments:

AlanDP said...

It happened to me once. It took them a couple of days to fix it.

DJMooreTX said...

David has put up a sidebar link to this Blogger Buzz post, in which they acknowledge the problem, and say they're working on it, "despite it being Friday afternoon".

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

How nice of them.

I understand, and agree with, the adage "you get what you pay for," and I haven't forgotten that Google/Blogspot is free, but why offer a service--even a free one--if you aren't going to take some care to make damned sure it works? It seems pretty obvious that they changed something that shut all these blogs down--why the hell don't they just undo the clearly harmful change?

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Thanks for the H/T Kurt!
CIII


You're more than welcome, Chris, and I believe your message is one that needs all the attention that can be brought to it. My tiny corner of the internet won't help much in that regard, but I intend to do what I can.

III