Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Erasing the Second Amendment?

A minor semantic quibble? I think not. When widely accepted "authorities" on public policy say "Let's repeal the damn thing" in reference to the Second Amendment, it's essential to nip in the bud the idea that our fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms depends in any way on any document for its existence.

Again, I am not claiming that the Second Amendment is under dire threat of removal from the Constitution in the near term, but if calls for its repeal are not quickly and decisively discredited, the public case for marginalizing it will gain strength. [More]
That's today's St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner article, and yes--I cheated--it's heavily based on my Armed and Safe post from yesterday, although it has a bit more analysis.

Charlotte Gun Rights Examiner Paul Valone has an update--the anti-gunner will be Brady Bunch legal director Dennis Henigan. I'm thinking that they're now planning to frame the debate not as being about repealing the Second Amendment, but more of their old strategy of simply saying it has no meaning any more--I can't really imagine the Brady Bunch being honest enough to admit that the very existence of the Second Amendment rules out their agenda--it will be interesting to find out for sure.

Finally--be sure to check out David's "Black Man With a Gun" interview, and take the opportunity to ask Pastor Kenn a question.

Digg me?



0 comments: