Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Asking the wrong questions


I'll be the first to admit that I am no statistician, and that the endless back-and-forth squabbling seems only to prove that one can use statistics to prove anything one wants to prove. Personally, my belief is that such debates might serve well to show off one's statistical chops, but miss the real point.

"The real point," as I see it, is that those private citizens who choose to carry a defensive firearm do not do so with the objective of "fighting crime," but instead have the much more limited aim of defending themselves and their loved ones. [More]
Please head on over and give it a look.

This morning, St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner (briefly) cracked the Top 5 Political Examiners nationwide. That's a first for me (the others do it pretty routinely). Gotta like that.

Speaking of the others, please give them a look, too.
National Gun Rights Examiner
LA Gun Rights Examiner
Cleveland Gun Rights Examiner

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To add people want the police to go out and look for criminals (and nobody else). However, there is an effect of discouraging criminals when some people are able to protect themselves. Clearly children don't have that ability but criminals know that parents are nearby.

Now if one were to pass a law that said stores open 24 hours a day could not have weapons, there would be an effect ... criminals would know the stores would be unarmed.

Anonymous said...

Very nice job. Thanks for using your eloquence on behalf of us who ain't!

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Thanks, '57--but I've seen enough from you to know that I don't have anything in the eloquence department that you lack.

Anonymous said...

Even though I used the dreaded "ain't"?

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Even though I used the dreaded "ain't"?

That doesn't raise any flags for me until people start using it twice in one sentence.