Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today's Holder developments

As promised, GOA is making an effort to mobilize membership to fight against the confirmation of Eric Holder as Attorney General. I hope they have more on the way than that, but it's a start.

In other developments, I did finally get a reply today from the NRA in response to my dismay over their seeming unwillingness to get involved. I'll start with what I sent to them.

I am convinced that Eric Holder would be the most anti-gun Attorney General in history. I am disappointed to have seen no effort on the part of the NRA fight his confirmation, or to mobilize membership to do so.

This, I can only assume, is tacit acceptance of Eric Holder as AG. That is utterly unacceptable.

The NRA bills itself as the most important gun rights advocacy organization in the country, but I am simply not seeing that.

Thank you,
Kurt Hofmann
To which they replied:
Dear Mr. Hofmann,

We are vehemently opposed to Holder's nomination and are working with a number of U.S. Senators to try and prevent his appointment. Eric Holder is a radical enemy of the Second Amendment, and we will do what we can to keep him out of office.

Please review this recent letter Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox sent to Senator Patrick Leahy and Senator Arlen Specter:

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/HolderLetter010909.pdf

Cordially,

Angus McClellan
NRA-ILA Grassroots
Um, yeah--I saw that letter, Angus. Nice job--criticizing Holder for his opposition to your brand of infringements on that which shall not be infringed. Alright, I admit it: the "Leave the NRA alone; fighting this isn't their job" people were right--I should have realized that LaPierre and friends would attack him for being not supportive enough of federal gun laws.

With "friends" like these . . .

Update: Well waddya know? A visit from the Lairds of Fairfax:

(click to enlarge)

0 comments: