Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Here we go again

Maybe "Father" Michael "Snuffy" Pfleger just realized that last Saturday, he forgot to try to incite his mob to murder, and now wants to correct that oversight. Whatever the reason, St. Sabina "Church" is planning yet another march on Chuck's this coming Saturday, June 23rd.

Saturday, June 23rd

March to Chuck's Gun Shop
Please call the Rectory for more information and to reserve a place on the bus.
Any gun rights activists who can get to Riverdale Saturday, you know what to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll be there. This could turn into a full time job. I think they are testing our resolve.

This last one was done on the sneak and they had less than 50 people. We had less too, than last time, but still about 20.

We need to outnumber them this next time. Why aren't more 2nd amendment advocates showing up for this? I know some are unable to show up in person and that is understandable. But only 20 people?

Sending $35 to the NRA or ISRA is fine, but it is no substitute for grass roots activism. I think this is where we will make our best stand.

Blogs like Armed and Safe, discussion forums like IllinoisCarry.com form the basis for the Illinois grass roots gun rights movement.

Keep up the good work, Kurt. You are one of my heroes in this effort!

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Thanks, DW--I just wish I didn't live over 200 miles away (alright--to be honest, I'm generally very glad to be far from Chicagoland, but at times like these, I wish I were closer).

By the way, don't sell yourself, and WeAreTheMilitia short.

Mike said...

It's easy for them to get people out - I'd bet money that most of their supporters are un- or under-employed. Most of us work.

Between work, family commitments, and general fatigue, it's all I can do to get to the range 2 or 3 times a year, let alone show up to something like this.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't more people show up last time? How about the fact that it wans't posted on any web site until the Friday just before? Hell, I didn't hear about it until the following Monday!? At least this time we can get the word out.

Anonymous said...

Well, activists have no excuse this time...we have plenty of notice.