Mission statement:

Armed and Safe is a gun rights advocacy blog, with the mission of debunking the "logic" of the enemies of the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental human right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

I can be reached at 45superman@gmail.com.You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/45superman.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rushing to registration

Congressman Bobby Rush's new legislation, (discussed yesterday), has now been introduced. Designated H.R. 2666, "Blair's Bill" would implement a national firearms registry and require licensing (which would in turn require training) for all gun owners.

This bill, I have little doubt, is going nowhere--but let's make enough noise to make sure it gets there quickly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HR 2666. Link works, but text is wrong.

-HH

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

HR 2666. Link works, but text is wrong.

Oops--brain cramp. It's fixed now (the link, not my brain). Thanks for the heads-up, Anon.

nicolas said...

I'm all for it. Let me explain. The way I see it, there are only two paths to freedom:

1) The 2A gets held up as an individual right by the SCOTUS AND THAT LEADS TO THE REPEAL of most (if not all) firearm restrictions.

2) The incrementalist rights infringers screw up and take too big a bite out of our freedom at once - and the people finally grow a pair and say no. I think a national registry (at this point in time) would fall into this category.

Obviously I'd prefer the former path to freedom, but I'll settle for number 2 over continuing to watch my freedom eroded under the complacency of the masses.